Many interpretations are discovered in any dream that we have. And in a day, we could have multiple dreams with varied characters and themes. Sometimes we dream out of fatigue, out of frustrations, out of joy or sadness and at times, dreams just get in the way out of our imaginations and control. Furthermore if we are able to learn how to befriend our dreams, then consequently we can digest multiple interesting realizations and meanings from them. Even those buried emotions are freed through our dreams since when in our waking life, we tend to set them aside and forget them.
However, when we go to sleep and have our dreams, these forgotten negative emotions have their way back to our waking life. Thus, no matter how we ignore them in our life yet they also have their own way of letting themselves go and one of those ways is through our dreams.
Here's one of the techniques in interpreting our dreams:
1. Try to recall everything in your dream.
2. Take note of all its details like persons, things, emotions (both bad and good), time etc.
3. Of all these details in your dream, focus your interest and energy on any one of them that is most striking to you now.
4. With this chosen one (for example a person), write down all significant things related to this in the dream.
5. Pertinent details will include facial expression, clothing worn in the dream, feeling emoted, variations of emotions, tone of voice so on and so forth.
6. After identifying them, check within yourself and assess their presence in your present life.
7. To do this, try to ask yourself questions such as:
a) How could I be similar to this person in my waking life?
b) When am I behaving like him/her in my life?
c) Where could I identify such character in my self?
d) Who are my dream partners?
8. When you are able to pinpoint answers to questions above, now try to identify this dream character in your life.
9. When you discover it, then you enable yourself to get hold one of its meanings.
Just constantly remember to prepare a pen and a paper when you go to sleep. And it is very essential as well that upon waking up, write down everything that you can bring back to mind about your dream. Afterwards, go to the process of interpreting it as I enumerated above. Enjoy dreaming and learning beautiful things from your dreams.