While I am relaxing here on our living room with our kiddo, I am reflecting on my life and able to think of a comparison between it with that of a three-legged stool. Recalling back how lucky am I to have received all my life's blessings, I have heaps of reasons to be so glad and feel so special in spite of life's being so complicated. Everything in life then is temporary so we have to embrace every moment with openness and a welcoming spirit.
Consequently, these are my reflections for today:
A three-legged stool:
- each leg relies on each other for strength;
- on top of the stool is a space for a comfortable sitting;
- equal footing for each leg to stand in balance and in harmony;
- each leg's brace provides support and strength as the three of them are intertwined with each other
Relating it to life:
- we need support system such as each other, family, friends, relatives, community etc. Alongside with this, there is a responsibility to nurture and constantly check the stability of each one;
- we can't survive relying merely on our own selves. Basically we need others to journey with us especially in the fulfillment of our dreams and aspirations. We need each other for life's check and balance;
- we give space for others so as to feel comfortable with us;
- we need to mutually show equal footing. As such, we are invited to render due respect to others notwithstanding any differences in terms of race, status, gender, age, and any other differences.