As human as we are, it is but natural for us to seek connections. Indeed, it is such a very basic need that for anybody, no matter who you are and what you are, it is but a very basic need to be connected with others. In this regard, allow me to share with you this video from Youtube on this discussion and we will all together find out some of the interesting reasons why we need though connections.
From our early years, we are already starting to build up connections. From the very significant people in our life like our parents and siblings, we then start to develop our ability to cope with the demands of our environment. Then later on, we start to connect with people outside of our comfort zone like neighbours, friends, relatives etc. Afterwards, we continue to build up our connection with people we meet in school, in our neighbourhood and in other places.
Meanwhile our featured video here will show us some reasons for us to have connections. To enumerate some of them, here they are:
1. to learn (anytime, anywhere)- that's true. Interacting with people enable us to learn new things. And the beauty of this one is that it then becomes a two-way process. We will learn from others and they will also learn from us.
2. to knock down wall---learning from the classroom will allow us to be ready to face squarely the world out there....this world which is so full of surprises.....so full of anonymity.....of being so unpredictable thus it is but fitting for us to get ready to face all these surprises.
3. connect to share resources and ideas- the splendour of life is on its gift of being able to be shared with others thus let us all be reminded that we are also called to be generous donor to each other and this calls for us to extend to others whatever gift that we have. Sharing is connecting lives.
4. to help us all achieve our goals- another wonderful element of being alive---when we are able to help others to reach their potentialities.
5. to get inspired and to create
6. to get in touch with friends and families
These are but some of those reasons why we choose to connect with others. Can you identify your intuition the first time you meet a new friend? What exactly connect you with that person? Hence let us all open our arms and embrace anybody who comes our way. Let no race, colour, talent, skill etc hinder us to connect with others.