When you're being a sports enthusiast, you would know that on each one of us, there stays a kind of player when you are into a game. No matter what your recreational activity is, from ball sports to cards and even to online games, one question that you ought to ask yourself is "Are you aware of your own dynamics when you are playing?"
Just to point out certain types of player that you can be, you can either be one or more of the following:
1. passionate player
2. impulsive player
3. vindictive player
4. easy go lucky player
5. team player
1. Passionate player- you are into into the game...you put your heart in every game you play. You are willing to go one step farther from what others are doing....as they say, exerting extra mile. Moreover, you know the in and out of the game. You try and search for ways to improve your skills. You don't just stop while the practice is over, instead you go for extra effort to harness your skills. In spite of all the difficulties and challenges, you are always willing to proceed with your game.
2. Impulsive player-there are two types of impulsive compulsive player as discussed by one study. These two are proactive and reactive- "Proactive cognitive control involves keeping information active in short-term memory for use in later judgments, a kind of task preparation. Reactive control is more of a just-in-time type of decision resolution." Dr. Craig Anderson- director of Center for the Study of Violence. Just try to check with yourself if you can identify yourself on any of these two dynamics. Impulsive player means that you play by your impulses disregarding on the process the consequences of such action.
3. Vindictive player- are you the kind of player who goes for retaliation everytime you are hit whether it is physically or psychologically? If yes then you are this kind of player. Retaliation is the name of your game. As such, you will easily lose your focus on the game. For others, every sport comprises both the elements of winning and losing yet for this type of player, what is essential is to get even with somebody who causes him pain, intentionally or unintentionally.
|imagecredit:ID 35355557 © Lee Serenethos|
4. Easy- go- lucky player- if you are this kind of player, then you are that kind of participant who seems to not really care if he wins or loses the game. What solely counts for him is that he enjoys the game. Fortunately for him, he is not after any reward or return after the match.
5. Team player- with this last type, you stand by the team. It goes well that everything that you do is for the team. Consequently you disregard any personal desire and put the team's goal as forefront. Everytime that your team engages in a match against an opposing team, you always give your best. Notwithstanding the odds at hand, you always seek for what is the best for the team. For you, team first before your personal satisfaction.
In such a way that if you can identify yourself in any of these types (for sure there are other unmentioned ones there), that can be a positive point for you but if not, it would be best if you will discover what's your type. By knowing your type, you will learn to understand your own impulses and aggressions thus having enough control over them.